What is Landlord Insurance for Strata?

Landlord insurance provides cover for strata property owners who are renting out a unit/apartment/flat to tenants. It protects you and your investment property from any damage to the contents from events such as fire, flood or storms. It covers items such as carpets, light fixtures, built-in wardrobes and kitchen cupboards as well as loss of rent if the unit is unfit to be occupied. Additionally, it covers you and your investment property from malicious tenants who might vandalise your property or leave without paying the rent.
Do I need Landlord Insurance if my building has Strata Insurance?
Yes, Residential Strata Insurance only provides general insurance cover for the building, common/shared property and common/shared contents. The cover provided by the Strata Building policy ends when you cross the threshold of your individual property. Landlord insurance protects you for tenant related loss/damage inside your property.

Why choose CHU’s Landlord Insurance for Strata?

CHU Underwriting Agencies is Australia’s first and largest strata insurance specialist, operating in every major State and looking after over 100,000 schemes nationally.
Your Excess Waived. If you & your Body Corporate both make an admitted claim for the same event and they have a CHU Residential Strata Policy. The value of your landlord claim must exceed the amount of your excess.
Speedy Repairs. If your property incurs damage in conjunction with building damage it will be repaired quicker with initial building repairs.
Easy Claims with Fix It. The CHUniverse app and Fix It allows you to submit a claim in a few taps of your finger.