What is Contents Insurance for Strata?

Contents insurance provides cover for household and personal possessions such as clothing, jewellery, furniture, TV, computers, internal carpets, blinds and electrical appliances belonging to yourself and your family members. It is important, as it covers the financial cost of repairing or replacing your household and personal possessions in the event of loss or damage.
Do I need Contents Insurance if my building has Strata Insurance?
Yes, Residential Strata Insurance only provides general insurance cover for the building, common/shared property and common/shared contents. The cover provided by the Strata Building policy ends when you cross the threshold of your individual property. A separate Contents Insurance policy is required to protect your personal belongings.

Why choose CHU’s Contents Insurance for Strata?

CHU Underwriting Agencies is Australia’s first and largest strata insurance specialist, operating in every major State and looking after over 100,000 schemes nationally.
Your Excess Waived. If you & your Body Corporate both make an admitted claim for the same event and they have a CHU Residential Strata Policy. The value of your contents claim must exceed the amount of your excess.
Speedy Repairs. If your property incurs damage in conjunction with building damage it will be repaired quicker with initial building repairs.
Easy Claims with Fix It. The CHUniverse app and Fix It allows you to submit a claim in a few taps of your finger.