Claims & incidents

At CRM Brokers, we believe that courteous, dependable claim service is the cornerstone of our relationship with our clients. When a claim occurs, we’ll work with you in a united effort to manage the claim handling process as efficiently as possible.


CRM Brokers provides claim service that makes a difference with:

  • Specialised expertise in handling claims via our internal Claims Department
  • A focus on quality and customer service
  • Access to your Loss Runs as required.

To Report A Claim

1. Check your policy. It may contain special instructions for filing a claim. If it does, follow those instructions.
2. If you need more information or if you are uncertain about what to do, please call us on 1300 880 494.

How to make a claim

Please note that it is a condition of your policy that all claims for loss or damage are notified to us as soon as reasonably possible.

If you have suffered loss or damage to your property, we would recommend that you contact our Claims Department or your Managing Agent (if applicable) for advice regarding the loss. If the claim is urgent and requires immediate action to prevent further damage, the insurers will usually consider costs incurred for emergency work, depending on the amount and of course, provided the claim is covered under the policy.

In order for the insurers to consider the claim, you will be required to supply the following:

  • A fully completed Claim Form. Please see the guidance notes if you require assistance with completing this.
  • Two comparative estimates for the works required to the property. (Please contact us for advice if you experience difficulty obtaining these). Comparative estimates may not be required in all instances.
  • Any relevant invoices for “emergency work” or “trace and access” which you wish the insurers should consider. (Please contact us to confirm that these amounts will be covered under the policy).
  • Confirmation that the source of the leak has been rectified (claims for water damage only).
  • Confirmation of the crime reference number obtained from the Police, together with details of the station that the loss was reported to, and the name of the reporting officer (claims for malicious damage or break-in only).
  • Authorisation for the work to begin will then be given by the insurers, subject to the claim being covered.
  • The receipted invoice should be submitted once the work has been completed, together with confirmation of who the settlement cheque should be payable to. Provided all the paperwork is in order, the insurers will issue a settlement cheque.

Strata Claims

The Strata Manager is to complete a Strata Claims Notification Form and forward it to CRM Brokers via  [email protected] The insurer upon receipt of the claim notice will make the assessment either to pay the claim where a tax invoice has been supplied for minor claims i.e. glass or will request additional information. In relation to a large loss they will generally appoint an assessor.