An exciting opportunity exists in our company for an experienced claims officer, with the ability to proactively and efficiently manage a claims portfolio.
We’re looking for someone that naturally builds strong enduring relationships with clients, loss adjusters, builders, and insurers. A strong product knowledge across property insurance products is essential and experience with strata property will be highly advantageous.
We’re not sceptical of our staff working remotely, we’ve been doing it since Skype was formerly known as MSN Messenger. We offer flexible remote working arrangements that blend the advantages of both working from home and in our Norwest offices.
The successful applicant will be provided with support, training, and continued professional development from a team of experienced claims officers and management.
Where necessary the role will involve conducting negotiations and escalations directly with the insurers on risk with creative problem solving to drive commercial outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
• General claims administration;
• Overseeing and monitoring a portfolio of claims;
• Responding to claim notifications and service enquiries;
• Engaging with all parties to assist with the fast-tracking of claims’ settlements;
• Provide support and guidance to clients as well as the service broker throughout the claim cycle;
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a range of clients, service providers and other insurance professionals.
The requirements of the role are:
• Proven insurance claims experience working for an insurer(s) or insurance brokerage
• ANZIIF qualifications and/or other relevant fields of study
• The capacity to efficiently manage your time and work effectively with a high volume of claims;
• Attentive, responsive and approachable when liaising with customers and service providers;
• Excellent verbal, particularly on the phone, and written communication;
• Excellent influencing, negotiation and problem-solving skills;
• Strong advocacy, negotiation and communication skills and experience in dispute resolution processes
If this sounds like you and are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly online through our form or email your resume to [email protected].