Are you an experienced team leader with a passion for client satisfaction and the ability to proactively and effectively manage a claims team?
Here is your chance to join a reputable insurance brokerage with an innovative culture, based in Norwest/Hills area – a five-minute walk from the Norwest Metro Station. We offer flexible working arrangements that blend the advantages of both working from home and in the office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of experienced claims officers, including the provision of technical advice and analysis of the insurer’s approach to claims for our clients.
The role will involve conducting negotiations and escalations with insurers, with creative problem solving to drive a satisfactory outcome for our clients.
The position also involves leading and supervising the day-to-day work activity, training and development of a high performing team.
Previous experience with property claims highly advantageous.
- Leading a team of experienced claims officers
- Overseeing and monitoring allocated claims
- Providing guidance and support to the account executive as required
- Engaging with all parties to resolve coverage disputes through in-depth policy knowledge, industry practices and market trends
- Developing and maintaining solid working relationships and networks with professional risks insurer’s claims examiners and clients
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with account executives and service those stakeholders through collaborative and proactive reporting, and genuinely adding value and your expertise to such reporting
- Meeting clients for claims review status and strategy meetings alongside service brokers and be able to demonstrate extensive claims knowledge and expertise
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring to assist development of the claims team
- General claims administration as required
Requirements of this role
- Significant experience in insurance claims
- Proven experience working for an insurer(s) or insurance brokerage
- ANZIIF qualifications and/or other relevant fields of study
- Leadership and/or management experience, particularly with high performing teams
- The ability to build strong enduring relationships with clients, brokers and insurers
- Proactive and strong customer service focus
- Self-starter, creative thinker and problem solver
- Able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure and very high workloads
- Strong advocacy, negotiation and communication skills and experience in dispute resolution processes
- Outcome-focused and not solely process-driven
- Excellent influencing, negotiation, presentation & communication skills
- Strong written communications skills
This is a permanent Full Time role. If you think you have what it takes, and are excited about the opportunity, please apply directly online through our form or email your resume to [email protected].